UMID CARD is one of the Valid IDs that is quite simpler and not so difficult to acquire. This ID can make different transactions on any government offices and agencies. Proof of identity or valid id is a must in most transactions in various institutions and organizations here in the Philippines nowadays, whether it is public or private. This guide will simplify your path to a successful UMID Card Application.
UMID CARD DEFINITION
UMID or the Unified Multi-Purpose Identification is an ID card that the government issues that gives you access to transact in government agencies, specifically in Social Security System (SSS), Government Service Insurance System (GSIS), Philippine Health Insurance Corporation (PhilHealth), and Home Development Mutual Fund (HDMF or Pag-IBIG Fund). Aside from identification purposes, the UMID card is often utilized in withdrawing benefits and loan proceeds from ATMs. Loan releases and benefit payments can now be paid via deposit to the member/beneficiary checking account where the UMID card is enrolled as an ATM.
QUALIFIED APPLICANTS FOR THE UMID CARD
- Members of SSS are qualified to apply for UMID. They must have an active SSS number status before they can apply.
- All active members of GSIS are also eligible to apply and can do this from any GSIS office.
- All members of PhilHealth and indigent Filipinos can also acquire this card from PhilHealth if SSS or GSIS does not cover them.
WHAT ARE THE REQUIREMENTS IN APPLYING FOR UMID CARD?
Requirements in applying UMID card for SSS members:
- Fully accomplished UMID Card Application Form. ( You can download it at https://www.sss.gov.ph/sss/DownloadContent?fileName=SSSForms_UMID_Application.pdf)
- You can only use a black or blue ink pen and make sure to write on CAPITAL LETTERS.
- Avoid any form of erasures and corrections.
- If the required information is not applicable, just put “N/A.”
- The name, birth date, sex, and the SSS number on the application form should match the member’s information on the SSS database.
- If it’s your first time applying for UMID, you should leave the Common Reference Number blank.
- An original or certified true copy of the following valid IDs: Passport, Driver’s License, Professional Commission (PRC) card, or Seaman’s Book.
(Take note: You may present an ATM card with a bank account passbook, your name, or birth certificate if you don’t have any of the IDs mentioned above. Or you may visit the SSS website for other supplementary ID cards and documents.
Requirements in applying UMID card for GSIS members:
- Fully accomplished GSIS UMID-eCard Enrollment Form. ( You can download it at https://www.gsis.gov.ph/downloads/forms/20140818-FORM-UMID_ECARD_ENROLLMENT_FORM.pdf
- Use only CAPITAL LETTERS in a black or blue ink pen.
- Specify your selected bank for withdrawing your GSIS loans and benefits.
- Two (2) valid government-issued IDs like passport, voter’s ID, PRC card, driver’s license, etc.
STEPS IN APPLYING UMID CARD FOR SSS MEMBERS:
STEP 1: DOWNLOADING AND FILLING OUT THE APPLICATION FORM.
Make sure that you read the directions/instructions carefully before filling out the form. Double-check all the information that you have written to ensure its legitimacy.
STEP 2: SUBMIT ALL THE UMID REQUIREMENTS TO YOUR PREFERRED/NEAREST SSS BRANCH.
(Take note: Search for the list of SSS branches with UMID enrollment facilities before submitting because not all branches have the system to process UMID applications.)
The SSS staff will check your documents and verify your information.
STEP 3: HAVE YOUR BIOMETRICS (PHOTO, FINGERPRINT, AND SIGNATURE) TAKEN.
SSS representative will direct you to go to the booth where your picture, fingerprints, and digital signature will be taken.
The SSS personnel will let you double-check all your information, and you will be given an acknowledgment stub and provide you the tentative delivery time of your UMID card.
STEP 4: PAYING THE UMID CARD PROCESSING FEE.
First time applicants for UMID cards are free of charge, and you are not required to pay.
However, you are required to pay if you are updating or replacing your lost card and attached a notarized affidavit of loss.
STEP 5: WAIT FOR THE DELIVERY OF YOUR UMID CARD.
Expect your UMID card to be delivered within thirty (30) days from the date of application.
STEP 6: UMID CARD ACTIVATION
You may activate your UMID card at the nearest SSS branch or kiosk as soon as you receive it.
STEPS IN APPLYING UMID CARD FOR GSIS MEMBERS:
STEP 1: DOWNLOAD AND FILL OUT YOUR UMID eCARD ENROLLMENTS FORM
Don’t forget to read the directions as you fill out your application/enrollment form.
STEP 2: PROCEED TO ANY GSIS BRANCH
Get a queue number as soon as you get to a GSIS branch. GSIS offices are open during weekdays (Mondays to Fridays), starting from 8 A.M until 5 P.M.
STEP 3: SUBMIT ALL YOUR UMID REQUIREMENTS
Submit your well-accomplished UMID form and copies of your two (2) valid IDs when your number is called to the assigned officer for validation.
STEP 4: HAVE YOUR BIOMETRICS TAKEN.
The assigned enrollment officer will take your biometrics (photo, fingerprint, and digital signature).
A form (UMID eCard Release Form) that would be used to claim your card will be given to you. Keep this card in a safe place.
STEP 5: WAIT FOR A CONFIRMATION MESSAGE FROM GSIS.
You will receive a message from the GSIS informing you where and when you can claim your UMID Card.
STEP 6: CLAIMING YOUR UMID CARD.
- As soon as you receive a notification from GSIS, you can already claim for your card in the GSIS office where you filed your application, and don’t forget to get a queue number at the information center.
- When they called for your queue number, submit your UMID eCard Release form, accomplished bank customer Information Record, and your original and photocopy of GSIS eCard, passport, or two (2) valid government-issued IDs.
- Double-check your UMID card to make sure that the information is correct.
STEP 7: UMID CARD ACTIVATION
- Activate your UMID card as soon as you receive it. Just go to the nearest branch of GSIS, City hall, Municipal hall, or Robinson’s Mall, then look for the GSIS Wireless Activated Processing System Kiosk.
- Put the UMID card on the e-card reader.
- Place your pre-registered finger by touching the screen as it scanned your fingerprint.
- A confirmation message will appear if it successfully scanned your finger. The UMID card will activate within 72 hours.
- There are no rush applications for UMID cards that require anyone to pay for processing fees. Don’t trust those people who offer rush applications.
- Wear decent clothing because revealing clothes are not allowed at the photo booth. Remove unnecessary accessories such as eyeglasses, colored contact lenses, or dangling earrings before the photo-shoot.