The 105-Day Expanded Maternity Leave (EML) Law is an act that increases the Maternity Leave period to one hundred five (105) days for female workers. They can also extend for thirty (30) days without pay and grant fifteen (15) days for solo mothers and other purposes.
This new Law gives hope to Filipino members planning to start or expand their families. However, since the pandemic started, the application of Maternity benefits lowered due to the implementation of lockdowns.
As we are facing the pandemic, SSS promotes general public safety and convenience to their members.
How to File SSS Maternity Benefits Online Application
Before, the filing of SSS Maternity benefits is through over-the-counter (OTC) or through dropbox at any branch. Submission of documents in person is quite a hassle since you need to travel to the branch near you and wait for your turn to call.
Furthermore, filing Maternity benefits personally at the agency has a high risk for pregnant women.
Step-by-Step Process of Maternity Benefit Online Filing
Today, the filing of SSS Maternity Benefit is made more accessible. You can now file the Maternity Benefit and reimbursement online through the My.SSS portal. Meaning, that starting September 1, 2021, SSS agencies will no longer accept Maternity Benefit filing through over the counter and drop boxes.
Here are the steps on how to file for the maternity benefit online:
- Log in to your My.SSS Member account on SSS website (sss.gov.ph)
Be reminded that before filing for the Maternity Benefit Application and
Maternity Benefit Reimbursement Application, ensure that you have already created a member account in the My.SSS portal in SSS website.
2. Select the E-Services tab and click the “Submit Maternity Benefit Application.”
3. After reading the Important Reminders, click “click here to see Documentary Requirement.”
4. Encode the required information.
- Date of delivery, miscarriage, or emergency termination of pregnancy (ETP)
- Number of pregnancies
- After encoding the necessary information, click proceed to continue. Upon clicking the “proceed” button, the SSS system will check the member’s eligibility to Maternity Benefit.
Note: You can still file Maternity benefits after four (4) pregnancies because of the Expanded Maternity Leave Law.
5. Fill out the additional required information.
- You will select the type of claim. There are three (3) types of claims available, live childbirth, miscarriage, and stillbirth/fetal death. Under live childbirth, you have to check the box if you are a solo parent and if you want to allocate leave credits. You have to indicate also how many leave credits you wish to administer.
- Disbursement Account. Select a Bank Account you want to use.
6. Upload the necessary documents.
- Ensure that you have completed all the necessary documents before filing Maternity Benefit online to avoid future problems like denied application due to incomplete or incorrect requirements. The essential documents needed have each upload tab depending on the type of claim you choose.
- Pay attention to the Important Reminders before attaching the documents to prevent denied applications.
You have to read the certification carefully before pressing the “I certify and submit” tab in this section. This certification is to certify that the information and documents you submitted are true and correct.
You will be held liable for any false information and documents you submitted. You also authorize the SSS to use all the pieces of information and documents you submitted in processing your Maternity Benefit Application.
It is also to certify that you have no pending Maternity Benefit Application over the counter or through dropbox at any SSS branches. You can now press the “I certify and submit” tab if you agree to the certification content.
8. Transaction details.
In the final part of your SSS Maternity Benefit Application, you have to take note of your transaction details or the “Transaction Number.” It also states the exact date and time of your online application.
After you successfully file the Maternity Benefit Online, the SSS will evaluate your application and the documents you submitted. They will send you an email regarding the status of your application.
How to Create My.SSS Member Account
Before filing for the Maternity Benefit Online Application, you must register and create your My.SSS member account in the www.sss.gov.ph.
This will be your official account for processing all of your SSS transactions online. To complete your My.SSS member account, follow the step by step guide below:
- On the Home page of www.sss.gov.ph, click on the “Member” tab under Portals.
2. Then Click on “Not yet registered in My.SSS?“
3. Read the reminders carefully. These reminders will help you throughout your registration process.
4. After reading the reminders, you will certify that you have read and understood the reminders by clicking the “Proceed” tab.
5. Fill out the required information.
- CRN/SS Number
- Email Address
- Preferred User ID
- Given Name
- Middle Name
- Date of Birth
- Mailing Address
- Foreign Mailing Address
6. To complete your registration, you will select one (1) registration information. There are eight (8) options that you can use. Under each option are the necessary details to encode.
Then you will ask to answer the CAPTCHA, check the box before “I accept the Terms of Service,” and click “Submit.”
7. After creating your registration, you will receive an email at your registered email address. By clicking “click here,” you will go to the password set up page.
8. Encode the last six (6) digits of your CRN/SS Number that you used in the My.SSS member account registration. Then click submit.
9. You will ask to enter your preferred password. The password length must be 8-20 alpha-numeric characters, and the first character must be alphabetic. The password must also be without special characters and should be different from the User ID. After entering and confirming the preferred password, click the “submit” button.
10. You will proceed to your account’s home page. The page displays your name, SS Number, CRN number, and membership type, meaning you successfully created a My.SSS member account.
How to File Maternity Notification Online
If you wish to file an Application for Maternity Benefit, ensure that you have already filed the Maternity Notification online in the My.SSS accounts for sixty (60) days from conception and not after the date of delivery, miscarriage, and emergency pregnancy termination.
- Log in to your My.SSS member account at member.sss.gov.ph
- Under E-Services, select “Submit Maternity Notification.”
3. Enter the expected delivery date.
4. Answer the question, “Do you want to allocate a portion of your maternity benefit credit?“
5. Check the circle if you want to allocate some part of your Maternity Benefit and how many days you assign. Encode the name of the person you wish to give your Maternity Benefit to and select the relationship with the person.
Note: You can only allocate 1-7 days of your Maternity Benefit Credits.
6. If you don’t want to allocate a part of your Maternity Benefit, select “No, I want to avail the total SSS Maternity Benefit.
7. Press the “Submit” button.
8. Confirm your application by clicking the “Submit” button again.
Take note of your Transaction number given.
Note: An email is also sent to your registered email address verifying your Maternity Notification Application.
Since the whole process of the Application for Maternity Benefit is online, you can also get your benefits straight to your bank account.