SSS Calamity Loan Assistance Application-When calamity strikes, it does not only destroy the lives but also the countless properties and livelihoods of people. One might consider getting a loan because this might be the only choice of other people to rebuild and get back on their feet.
The SSS calamity loan assistance is one of the programs of our government to help its people in rebuilding their lives after a destructive calamity. To know more about the SSS calamity loan assistance application, I suggest keeping reading until the end of this article.
WHAT IS THE SSS CALAMITY LOAN ASSISTANCE?
The Social Security System (SSS) Calamity Loan Assistance is a program offered by the government whenever there is a calamity that happened in a certain area such as typhoons, earthquakes, war, and other unexpected incidents (natural or man-made).
WHO CAN APPLY FOR THE SSS CALAMITY LOAN ASSISTANCE?
The SSS Calamity loan is a special loan and is not available anytime for all members. This is only open to members who meet the following criteria:
- Has paid at least thirty-six (36) monthly contributions, six (6) of which are posted within the last twelve (12) months before the month of the calamity loan application.
- Has been in active service and not on leave of absence without pay.
- Has no missing or overdue debt in their monthly contributions.
- Members who have no loan that has been declared in default.
- A resident or a government employee in an area under the State of Calamity. A resident is one who has a home address or property at the stricken area.
- Have not availed the total permanent disability, retirement, or death benefits.
- Have no pending criminal or administrative charges.
SSS CALAMITY LOAN ASSISTANCE APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS
These are the required documents for the calamity loan assistance application:
- A completed SSS Calamity Loan Application Form (https://www.sss.gov.ph/sss/DownloadContent?fileName=calamity%20loan%20assistance%20application.pdf)
- A Barangay Certification
- One (1) primary ID card
These are the list of primary cards that you may present on your application of SSS Calamity Loan:
- Unified Multi-Purpose ID (UMID) Card
- Social Security (SS) Card
- Driver’s License
- Professional Regulation Commission (PRC) Card
- Seaman’s Book (Seafarer’s Identification and Record Book)
However, if you don’t have the primary cards mentioned above, you may present two (2) secondary ID cards or documents both with signature and photo.
These are the Secondary IDs that you can present in the absence of your Primary ID:
- Alien Certificate of Registration
- Certificate of Licensure Documents from Maritime Industry Authority
- Certificate from the National Commission of Indigenous Peoples or National Commission on Muslim Filipinos
- Company ID Card
- Firearm License Card issued by the Philippine National Police (PNP)
- Fishworker’s License issued by the Bureau of Fisheries and Aquatic Resources (BFAR)
- Health or Medical Card
- PAG-IBIG Member’s Data Form
- ID Card issued by Local Government Units
- Marriage Contract/Marriage Certificate
- Oversea Worker Welfare Administration (OWWA) Card
- Philippine Health Insurance Corporation (PHIC) Card
- Police Clearance or NBI Clearance
- Postal ID Card
- School ID Card
- Seafarer’s Registration Certificate issued by POEA
- Senior Citizen Card
- Student Driver Permit Issued by Land Transportation Office (LTO)
- Taxpayer’s Identification Number (TIN) Card
- Voter’s Identification Card/Affidavit/Certificate of Registration
Here are the required documents for OFWs with an authorized representative:
- Fully-accomplished SSS Calamity Loan Assistance Application Form
- Authorization letter
- Copies of the OFW’s valid IDs ( Scanned and Printed)
- Original Valid IDs of the authorized Representative
SSS CALAMITY LOAN ASSISTANCE APPLICATION PROCEDURE
- Fill out the SSS calamity loan assistance application form
- Fill all necessary information and indicate “N/A” if the required data is not applicable.
- Bring your application form together with all the required documents at any SSS Branch Office for processing.
- The SSS personnel will evaluate your application.
- Wait for the approval of your SSS Calamity Loan application.
- The SSS Calamity Loan will be directly credited to the SSS-issued UMID ATM Account.
If ever the member has no activated UMID ATM Card, he/she shall be given an option on the mode of payment of the proceeds as follows:
- Thru cash card
- Thru check
- Verification of status may be made through the SSS website (for enrolled members only) at https://www.sss.gov.ph/
- A service fee of 1% shall be waived.
- The loan shall be payable within two (2) years in 24 equal monthly installments.
SSS CALAMITY LOAN ASSISTANCE LOANABLE AMOUNT
The loan amount for SSS Calamity Loan Assistance shall be equivalent to one (1) monthly salary credit (MSC) computed based on the average of the last 12 MSC’s or the total amount of damages as certified by the member in the application form (rounded up to the nearest thousands), whichever is lower.
SSS CALAMITY LOAN ASSISTANCE INTEREST AND PENALTY
- The loan shall be charged an interest rate of 10% per annum computed on a diminishing principal balance.
- An excess in the amortization payment shall be applied to the outstanding principal balance.
- Loan amortization or payments that are not remitted on the due date shall bear the penalty of 1% per month until fully paid. Members shall bear the penalty of 1% per month until fully paid if loan amortization/payments were not remitted on the due date.
- If the loan is not fully paid at the end of the term, the interest of 10% per annum shall continue to be charged on the outstanding principal balance until fully paid.
- The members must personally apply for the SSS calamity loan assistance program thru any SSS branch offices (over-the-counter)
- For Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs)/Seafarers, the members must issue an Authorization Letter in favor of their authorized representative authorizing the latter to file their SSS calamity loan assistance application on their behalf.
- The members must submit a barangay certification certifying that the members are residents of the declared calamity area and were affected by the said calamity.
- The members must certify the extent of damages, in peso equivalent, to their home or property.
- The SSS calamity loan must be fully-paid before the member can avail of future calamity loans of SSS.
- Other terms and conditions in the existing salary loan guidelines not consistent with the above provisions shall be applicable in this program.
- The member must notify the Member Services Section on the nearest SSS branch office in any change in the following:
- Address – thru SS Form E-4 and should be filed over-the-counter.
- Employer – thru a notice sent via mail, filed over-the-counter or sent through email: email@example.com. The notice must include the SS number, name, and signature of the member.
- SSS Calamity Loan Assistance Check may be picked up by the member or authorized representative within ten (10) working days at SSS Branch Office where the application is filed. The check will be forwarded through mail to the member’s local mailing address.