PSA Birth Certificate is an important document that most transactions require. Either applying for a job or planning to get your government IDs such as the Philippine Passport and Driver’s License, you will need your Birth Certificate to prove your identity.
But getting this document is a dilemma for many because you have to line up in long queues which people hate a lot. Luckily, if you don’t want to wait in long queues, we can set aside the traditional walk-in application and choose to apply online without any hassles.
The PSA Birth Certificate Online Application is a remedy for those people who are always busy and find it hard to allot their time due to their hectic schedules. This article will guide you on how you can request or apply online for your birth certificate in the fastest way possible.
WHAT IS A PSA BIRTH CERTIFICATE?
A PSA Birth Certificate is a government-issued document of a person’s birth that is printed on a security paper with an embossed multicolored seal. The Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA) or formerly the National Statistics Office (NSO) is the government body that takes charge of the issuance of the birth certificate here in the Philippines.
An official birth certificate is composed of personal information about a person that includes the following:
- Full Name (first name, last name, and middle name)
- Sex or gender
- Date of birth
- Place of birth
- Name of Parents, their ages, and place of birth
- Name and the address of the attending physician or midwife
The birth certificate has no expiration date but the PSA often changes the security paper to prevent the propagation of fake birth certificates.
PSA BIRTH CERTIFICATE ONLINE APPLICATION
The PSASerbilis is an online portal provided by the PSA that enables Filipino applicants to order or request the PSA Birth Certificate and have it delivered anywhere here in the Philippines or abroad.
This online facility is a great help for applicants who find it hard to apply via the traditional or walk-in applications. With a few clicks on your mobile device or personal computers, you can easily access and avail your birth certificate authenticated by the PSA.
Take Note: Civil Registry Documents (including the birth certificate) can only be issued to the following:
- The owner himself/herself or through a duly authorized representative
- His/her spouse, direct descendants, parents, guardian or institution legally in-charge of him/her, if minor
- The court or proper public official whenever absolutely necessary in administrative, judicial or other proceedings to determine the identity of a person
- In case of the person’s death, the nearest of kin
If you are the document owner and you are unable to receive the PSA Birth Certificate, you may authorize a representative to do so on your behalf. Your authorized representative should have to present the following to the courier.
- Your signed authorization letter
- Your valid ID (with photo and signature)
- The valid ID of your authorized representative (with photo and signature)
HOW TO GET YOUR BIRTH CERTIFICATE ONLINE THROUGH PSASerbilis
Here are the step-by-step procedures on how you can get your PSA Birth Certificate through the PSASerbilis:
STEP 1: Go to the PSASerbilis Website, https://www.psaserbilis.com.ph/Default.aspx
- Click the button “Click here to request now”.
- Then you will be directed to the Terms and Conditions. After reading, click on the “I Accept” button.
STEP 2: FILL OUT THE CONTACT AND DELIVERY INFORMATION FORM
You are required to fill on the following:
- Requester’s Name (Last Name, First Name, and your Middle Initial)
- Complete Delivery Address
- Telephone or Mobile Number
- Email Address
- Tax Identification Number (TIN) *optional
After filling out, double-check all the information then click the “Next” button. A box will appear that asks you to confirm all the details you have written are correct. Click the “Confirm” button after you check all your details.
STEP 3: ADD YOUR REQUESTED DOCUMENT
- Click the “Birth Certificate” button to start making your request.
- Another page will appear and you will be required to answer two (2) questions in connection to your requested document (Birth Certificate). Mark your answers by clicking the small circle on the left side of the choices.
- After answering, click the “Next” button.
STEP 4: FILL OUT THE APPLICATION FORM
- Fill out all the necessary information. (Make sure to double-check the spelling because this might result in failure in getting your birth certificate and your efforts will be put on waste.)
- Put your maiden name if you are already a married woman.
- If you are applying for another person’s PSA Birth Certificate, please indicate on the last part of the application form your relationship with him/her.
Authorization letter and Valid IDs of the birth certificate’s owner and the authorized representative are required if the representative is not the owner of the PSA Birth Certificate, his/her parent, his/her spouse, his/her direct descendant, and his/her legal guardian/institution-in-charge, if minor. This is according to the Child and Youth Welfare Code (P.D. 603)
- If you are done filling out, click the “Save” button.
- A box will appear confirming if all your details are correct. Read it all over again and if you want to change something, you are free to change or edit your information by clicking the “Change/Edit” button. Once you’re done, click the “Confirm” button.
STEP 5: ADDING OF ANOTHER REQUEST (THIS STEP IS OPTIONAL. YOU CAN SKIP INTO THE NEXT STEP)
- If you want to add another request, click on the buttons above (Birth Certificate, Marriage Certificate, Death Certificate, and CENOMAR)
- If you’re done with your application, click the “Submit” button.
STEP 6: PAYMENT OF THE PSA BIRTH CERTIFICATE
- After submitting your application, the acknowledgment page will appear indicating that your application has been submitted. The page will also show your batch request number.
- Then you can now choose your preferred payment and delivery options.
- If you are going to pay over the counter, you are required to print two copies of the acknowledgment page. One for your personal copy and the other for the bank where you will make payment. (The acknowledgment page is also sent to your email)
- PSA Birth Certificate that has been processed online costs up to Php 330 if delivered within the Philippines and USD 20.30 if delivered to other countries. The payment covers the processing, delivery, and other government taxes.
You can pay through any of the following payment options:
- Credit Card
- Banco De Oro (BDO Branches, BDO Online Banking, BDO ATM)
- UnionBank (UnionBank Branches, UnionBank Online Banking, UnionBank ATM
- Bayad Center
STEP 7: WAIT FOR DELIVERY
You can go to the Delivery Page to know when your document will be delivered.
You can also check the status of your request on the PSA Serbilis home page.
Your PSA Birth Certificate will be delivered through their courier service provider in a span of 3-13 working days after payment depending on your delivery address and type of document. (Refer on the table below)
However, if your PSA Birth Certificate is to be delivered abroad, you will receive it in 6-8 weeks after payment through PhilPost registered mail.