NBI Clearance serves various purposes here in the Philippines. You can use this in different transactions such as applying for a valid ID like UMID ID, business permits, passport, driver’s license, or applying for a local job.
NBI Clearance Online application is one of the innovations that will make it easier for us to get NBI clearance without having to queue in more or less three (3) hours at the NBI Field office. Thanks to technologies that have saved us from a lot of hassles in getting such important documents.
NBI CLEARANCE DEFINITION
NBI or the National Bureau of Investigation Clearance is a document that tells if a person has criminal cases or records filed in the courts in the entire Philippines. It is one of the most required documents in some important transactions like applying for a job, UMID ID, taking the Civil Service Examination, and many more.
NBI CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS
Here are the NBI Clearance requirements that you need to prepare and you will bring these on the day of your appointment:
Make sure that you bring an original, in a good condition, shows your clear photo and not expired Valid IDs.
These are the acceptable valid IDs for NBI clearance application:
- UMID ID (GSIS and SSS)
- Voter’s ID
- BIR/TIN ID
- PRC License
- Driver’s License
- Pag-IBIG ID
- Authenticated Birth Certificate issued by the PSA
- Postal ID
- Police Clearance
- Certification from the Local Civil Registrar
- Solo Parent ID
- Seaman’s Book
- Senior Citizen ID
- MARINA ID
- Certification from the Malacañang in connection with indigenous groups and tribal membership
Take Note: Company ID, Student ID, Barangay Clearance, and other non-government-issued IDs are NOT accepted.
NBI Clearance Processing Fee
The NBI clearance fee is Php 130 plus Php 25 system fee for the e-payment service which brings to the total of Php 155.
HOW TO APPLY FOR NBI CLEARANCE ONLINE?
Just follow these simple steps to get organized and speed up your application of NBI clearance.
STEP 1: NBI CLEARANCE ONLINE ACCOUNT REGISTRATION
- Go to the NBI Clearance Online Services Website. (https://clearance.nbi.gov.ph/)
- Click on the “NO” box next to the question “Do you have an old NBI clearance?” on the REGISTER box.
- Fill out your NBI Clearance Online Registration form. Make sure to fill the necessary information and avoid putting the wrong information about you.
- Read on the “Terms of Service” then click the box next to it indicating that you agreed.
- Click the “Sign Up” button, and a reminder box will appear. Click “Yes” to confirm.
- Log in to your account by entering your email address and password once you see a confirmation of successful registration on the screen.
- Fill out the NBI Clearance Application Form and once you’re done, click the “Save the Information” button.
- Review all your information, click the “Edit” button if you are changing your personal details then click “Save”.
- Click the “Apply for Clearance” button if you are finish filling out.
- A confirmation box will appear, enter the valid ID that you will present for your NBI Clearance application. (Note: Though only one ID is being asked for on this step, you are still required to bring two valid IDs on your scheduled appointment.
- Click the “I Agree” button.
STEP 2: NBI CLEARANCE ONLINE APPOINTMENT
- The Online Appointment page will appear once your online registration is done and complete.
- In setting your schedule for personal appearance, choose an NBI branch where you want to submit your application from the drop-down menu that indicates an NBI branch.
- After setting an NBI branch, a calendar will appear that shows open slots (blue boxes) from your chosen branch.
- Choose your preferred date and time.
STEP 3: PAY FOR THE NBI CLEARANCE FEE
Here are the payment methods you can choose from:
- Bank over the counter: Pay cash over the counter to any bank like Metrobank, Chinabank, Security Bank, Landbank, BDO, BPI, PNB, RCBC, and any other partner bank.
- Online Bank: Pay the processing fees through online banking facilities like the BDO Internet Banking, BPI Express Online, Unionbank EON, and etcetera.
- Bayad Center Outlets: Cash payment at any Bayad Center Outlets or any partner outlets such as LBC, Palawan Pawnshop, Villarica Pawnshop, Cebuana Lhuillier, Waltermart, Robinsons, SM Savemore, and many more.
- ECPay: This includes all ECPay partners such as Petron Corporation, RD Pawnshop, Expresspay Inc., and many more others.
- 7– Eleven: Make payment through the CLiQQ kiosk at any 7-Eleven branch.
Take note: Those payment centers mentioned above may also charge a service fee for processing your NBI Clearance fee payment.
How to pay for the NBI Clearance Fee?
- Click your preferred payment option on the right side of the Appointment page and then a payment reminder will pop up.
- On the payment box, your reference number and the amount to be paid will appear. Make sure to write or take a screenshot of your reference number then click the “Accept” button.
- Go to your preferred branch of payment you have selected, and pay your NBI Clearance fee using your reference number (For bank over the counter, Bayad centers, ECPay or 7-Eleven options)
- You can check if your payment is successful by signing in to your NBI Clearance online account then click the “Transactions” button on the left menu.
(The same process for online payments, the difference is that you don’t need to the branch of that bank.)
The NBI clearance costs Php 130 and an additional fee of Php 25 for the service charge of the payment service that brings to the total of Php 155.
STEP 4: PROCESSING OF YOUR NBI CLEARANCE ONLINE APPLICATION.
- Go to the NBI office or branch that you have chosen on your scheduled appointment date and don’t forget to bring and present your reference number, payment slip, two valid IDs, and your printed application form (optional).
- The NBI Processor will check your name and other personal information in their nationwide database.
- Your biometrics will be taken (photo, signature, and fingerprints).
- Wait for the NBI clearance to be printed and issued to you.
You will be able to claim your NBI clearance in just a few minutes if you don’t have a namesake. However, if there’s a “HIT” (means that you have a namesake with a criminal record), the NBI will take more time to verify and check your real identity. They will tell you to come back on a certain date usually a week or more.
Two (2) copies of your NBI Clearance will be given to you – one for your official use and one as a personal copy. This is valid for one (1) year only. You can easily renew your NBI Clearance through the same website you applied for using the same account.