PRC ONLINE REGISTRATION & LICENSE RENEWAL – Same with the other government offices and agencies, the Professional Regulation Commission (PRC) had also launched its online services so professionals can transact more quickly and conveniently with PRC anytime.
Here’s the complete guide on how you can register and renew your PRC license online in the quickest way possible.
What is a PRC license?
A PRC license in the form of an ID is issued by the Professional Regulation Commission (PRC) to a person who passes the board examination for professionals. It gives them permission to practice a certain profession such as dentistry, teaching, engineering, policemen, etc.
The validity of the PRC license is three years and should be renewed from time to time to continue practicing a certain profession soon.
Aside from the photo and signature, the professional ID card also contains the following information:
- Complete name (Last name, first name, and middle name)
- Registration number (A seven-digit PRC license number that identifies the professional)
- PRC registration date
- The end date of PRC ID validity
- Professional title (e.g., Engineer, Architect, Certified Public Accountant, Professional Teacher, Criminologist, etc.
PRC ID Requirements
Provide the following information and documents for your PRC online account registration:
- Email address
- Mobile number
- Personal information, including graduation date
- Recent Identification (ID) picture in JPEG format
- Valid ID
Initial PRC Online Registration Requirements
Here are the required documents that you need to personally submit to your appointment schedule.
- Printed Oath Form
- Two passport-size photos in white background with a full name tag
- Two metered documentary stamps (Available at your chosen PRC branch)
- Community Tax Certificate/Cedula
Registering and Getting Your PRC License Online
STEP 1: PRC ONLINE ACCOUNT REGISTRATION
Before starting your PRC online application, you need to register for an account first through the PRC Licensure Examination and Registration Information System (LERIS). Here are the steps in creating a PRC online account.
- Visit the PRC LERIS website. (CLICK HERE!) Sign up for a new account.
- Read the terms of service on the right side of the page, then click the “I Agree” buer your details.
- Enter your email address and password (at least six characters consisting of numbers, letters, and special characters). Type your password again to confirm it.
- Review your details, check the box next to “I’m not a robot,” and click the “Register” button.
- Log in to your account. Enter your email address and password under the “Sign In” tab. Tick on the box next to “I’m not a robot,” and click the “Sign In” button.
- Provide your details. On the left side of the page, click the “Profile” tab, and provide your personal information, contact details, family background, and data on your education, employment, and a valid ID. The fields in red asterisk are required. Click the “Save Information” button when you’re done.
- Upload your photo and click the “Proceed” button. Click the “Choose File” button to choose the photo to upload. Lastly, click the “Upload Image” button.
After completing the following steps, you can now make any transaction available at the PRC LERIS.
STEP 2: PRC ONLINE APPLICATION FOR INITIAL REGISTRATION
Applying for a professional identification card or the PRC ID is now made easy due to the advancement in our technology. Here are the steps on how the new board passers can file their application online.
- Access the PRC Online Services site.
- Enter your email address and password under the “Sign In” tab. Click the CAPTCHA checkbox and the Sign In button to log in to your PRC online account.
- Enter the required personal information. Click the Save Information > Next buttons.
- The list of photo requirements will appear on the screen. Click the Proceed button and upload your ID picture.
- Click the Select Transaction button.
- Click the Initial Registration tab.
- Select your profession.
- Enter your Application Number (found on your Notice of Admissions).
- Click the Proceed button.
STEP 3: SETTING UP AN APPOINTMENT ONLINE
- From the dropdown menu, select your preferred PRC regional office or service center (ideally the nearest branch) as your appointment venue.
- Click the Proceed button.
- Check the appointment details displayed on the screen. If you’re not available on the provided schedule, you can change your appointment date and time. Here’s how:
- Under “Appointment Details,” click the Reschedule button.
- Choose a new appointment date.
- Enter your reason for setting a new appointment schedule.
- Click the Confirm button.
STEP 4: PAYMENT OF THE PRC LICENSE REGISTRATION FEE
After booking an appointment online, the next step is to pay the initial registration fee.
Click on your preferred payment option. Here are the different payment methods to choose from:
- PRC – Cashier
- UCPB (Over-the-counter/UCPB Connect/UCPB Mobile App)
- Credit/Debit card (Mastercard/Visa/JCB)
Next, review the Transaction Summary and click the Submit button. Then proceed with the payment transaction.
STEP 5: PRINTING OF YOUR OATH FORM
- Log in to your PRC online account.
- Click on “Existing Transaction.”
- To check your payment status, click the Payment Details button.
- If your payment is confirmed, click the Print Document button. The PRC Oath Form (Panunumpa ng Propesyonal) will be displayed.
- Click the Print icon on top of the document to start printing.
STEP 6: SUBMISSION OF THE PRC ID REQUIREMENTS
- Go to your preferred PRC office on your appointment schedule.
- Proceed to the Customer Service Center and pay for two documentary stamps (one to be stamped on the Oath Form and one for the Registration Certificate).
- Submit your printed Oath Form for verification at the designated window.
- Sign on the Registry Sheet and put your thumb mark.
- Submit all the other requirements.
- Receive your ID claim slip.
STEP 7: CLAIM YOUR PRC ID
- On the scheduled date (as indicated on your claim slip), go back to the PRC branch where you filed your application for initial registration.
- Attend the mass oath-taking ceremonies.
- Submit your claim slip at the designated window.
- Receive your PRC ID and Certificate of Registration. Sign on the releasing log sheet.
RENEWAL OF PRC LICENSE ONLINE
Renewal of PRC License is now made easier since the PRC has fully implemented the Online Renewal System (ORS) in all its regional and satellite offices, including the service centers for OFWs.
PRC LICENSE RENEWAL REQUIREMENTS
- Duly-accomplished Application for Professional Identification Card (PIC).
- One passport-sized picture with white background and full name tag
- Payment of renewal fee
- Earned CPD units2
- Certificate of Good Standing (for some professions only)
- Special Power of Attorney (SPA) and valid ID for the authorized representative if the applicant won’t be able to renew the license personally.
If you’re a dual citizen, you need to submit the following additional documents:
- Current and valid Philippine Passport or
- Oath of Allegiance to the Republic of the Philippines or
- Identification Certificate where the applicant is identified as a Filipino citizen
PRC LICENSE RENEWAL ONLINE STEPS
1. Go to the official website of PRC LERIS. Sign in to your PRC online account. If you don’t have an account, you can create your own by clicking the “Register” button on the homepage. ( Read STEP 1 in the Registering and Getting your PRC License ID online mentioned above to know how to register for a PRC online account)
2. Choose the Transaction type. Select the “Renewal” tab from the available transaction options.
3. Select your Profession. A list of professions will be shown from the drop-down menu. You will also be required to enter your PRC License Number. Click the “Proceed” button to continue the transaction.
4. Choose your preferred PRC office where you will claim your Professional Identification Card. The appointment schedule will automatically be generated upon completing the initial steps.
5. Select your preferred payment option. You can pay your renewal fee through the following options: Credit or Debit Card, PayMaya, Landbank, UCPB, and PRC-Cashier.
6. Affirm your payment and print your documents. Print your payment confirmation slip and your accomplished PRC ID renewal application form. Affix your signature on the application form.
7. Claim your PRC Identification Card. You can claim your renewed PRC ID on your appointment schedule.
Present the following documents in claiming your PRC License ID:
- Original and photocopy of each certificate with earned CPD units
- Original and photocopy of the expiring PRC ID
- Printed Online Application for Professional ID Card
The PRC online services have made transactions tremendously better. The Licensure Examination and Registration Information System LERIS have dramatically cut the processing time so professionals can complete the entire process quickly by just simply clicking buttons on their mobile online devices.