The state housing development agency curated a loan moratorium that will permit all members to have a chance to suspend their loan payments to the PAG-IBIG Home Development Mutual Fund, primarily because of the danger caused by the Coronavirus Disease 2019.
This is not the only government agency that allows members to delay their loan payments due to pandemics. Along with that, various other bodies of our social system, even most of the reputable banks and lending companies have made their action to help their fellow countrymen by providing grace periods to their debtors.
Guide for Applying PAG-IBIG Fund Loan Moratorium Online
Before we find ways and guidelines for applying for PAG-IBIG Fund loan moratorium online, let us first try to fully understand what moratorium is and how it will help members who want to delay their loan payments to the said agency.
The state housing agency, which offers a three (3) month moratorium, is a type of postponement or extension of the loan payments, and these are the loans included for the three-month moratorium program:
- The PAG-IBIG Multi-Purpose Loan (MPL)
- The PAG-IBIG Calamity Loan; and
- The Pag-IBIG Housing Loan
Who are eligible for the moratorium?
Like most companies and agencies, the PAG-IBIG Fund management has set specific rules and eligibility requirements.
Members who have payments in arrears with their monthly contributions may still apply for the moratorium. But this is subject to a case-to-case basis evaluation depending on how justifiable the reasons written in the application are.
However, the eligible borrowers of the three (3) month moratorium would-be borrowers who have payments due from the 16th of March 2020 until the 15th of June 2020. If you are one of the borrowers of any of the loans mentioned within the given time frame, then you can expect to be able to take advantage of the three (3) month moratorium to all kinds of PAG-IBIG Fund Loan.
Here are the eligibility requirements that the agency is looking for you to know if you can apply for the moratorium:
- If you are a member who currently has any of the loans stated above;
- If you are a member and you are severely affected by the COVID-19 pandemic; and
- If you are a PAG-IBIG member who is temporarily and permanently displaced from their jobs because of the announcement of having a State of Calamity and a State of Public Health Emergency.
You can also apply for a moratorium if you are a member who has a PAG-IBIG Housing Loan and you are included in the Affordable Housing Loan Program, where you could get a loan of more than P750,000.
How can you apply for the moratorium online?
PAG-IBIG members can perform and proceed to the application through the virtual Pag-IBIG in applying for the moratorium.
If you find it a bit difficult to understand and comprehend, this article is ready and prepared to help you with it. You can easily access the Virtual Pag-IBIG through their website.
- Go to Virtual Pag-IBIG via https://www.pagibigfundservices.com/virtualpagibig/LoanMoratorium
2. Enter loan and personal details and input your active Philippine mobile number to receive the one-time-pin (OTP).
3. Enter the OTP and click submit to receive your reference number.
4. Upon opening the website, you will be able to see all of the fields that you need to dwell, and this includes the following:
- The Loan Type
- Short-Term Loan (STL); or Housing Loan
- The Membership Identification Number (MID) or the Housing Loan Account Number
5. Upon entering it, click on the VERIFY button. After which, you need to input the following personal information to proceed with your application.
6. In addition to that, you will also see an option there that states, “Is your loan updated?”. You have to make sure that you have to click the “YES” button in that.
7. A confirmation will display to your screen with the reference number that you can use when checking the status of the application if it is successful.
The PAG-IBIG Fund is emphasizing that they do not ask for a processing fee for the processing of the loan moratorium up to date.
Notification of Approval
You will be able to receive alerts and notifications about your application approval via text message.
In this concise and simple guide of how you can apply for the loan moratorium, you should already be aware of whether or not you need it.
PAG-IBIG is likely to anticipate that the members prefer the loan moratorium. All members of the state housing development are eligible to apply for it. So if you think you need help in terms of extending or postponing the due date of your loan payment, visit the website of the PAG-IBIG Fund and apply through there.
However, it must be reiterated that this particular PAG-IBIG Fund Program that you want to apply for is still subject to approval. This only means that this is not automatic and does not guarantee acceptance of your application. There will still be an evaluation, so you need to prepare and brace yourself for it. Note that under the Bayanihan Law, the moratorium is mandatory.